Come and learn the skills you need for your life path and be part of this flourishing spiritual community. Learning Residents are an integral part of the Ashram, supporting the day to day work while learning yogic tools to help unlock a greater knowledge of themselves and an understanding of others.

“Through my learning residency I gained confidence, leadership, intuition, more personal awareness. Leading teams taught me valuable people skills. And looking after the tomatoes – loving and nurturing them – reinforced strengths in me that I need to share.”Tamara, Hospitality & Garden Learning Resident

Learning Residencies are intense three month immersions that will test you both inside and out. The framework of workshops, reflective classes and daily work will give you the opportunity to deepen your personal spiritual practice and build a foundation for the next phase of your life.

These Residencies are for people who have a skill base and/or experience that lends itself to a particular area of the Ashram (please see current openings). During your three month residency you will spend approximately 75% of your time in your residency area, and the other 25% will be part of the general work schedule of the Ashram as needed.

The program is based on experiential and self-led learning in a mentorship structure. Learning Residents participate in Karma Yoga 5 days a week with a half-day for a study project and receive the support of an Ashram liaison in addition to your area mentor. Orientation, weekly classes, daily reflection, morning yoga classes and evening satsangs enrich the program.

A residency will provide the opportunity to explore and practice:

  • practical skills and knowledge related to that area
  • leadership skills
  • organizational tools and people skills such as
    • time management
    • planning and facilitation
    • coordination and communication
    • sustaining harmonious work/service environment

A Subsidized Program

Learning Residents receive free meals and accommodations for the length of the program, valued at $1200 per month.

Length of Stay

Learning Residencies are three months long with the option to extend. All residencies have a one-month trial period.

Application Deadline

Please refer to specific postings for application dates.


What our Learning Residents have to say:

I’m seeing my time here as my university. I’m learning everything from gardening and biology to statistics when I look at procurement and harvest records. And because this is a spiritual community, there’s a depth to what I’m learning, too.Sofia, Garden Learning Resident


I noticed that as I gained more confidence, I made less mistakes, so I could see the power of my mind in that. Being here has helped me get everything in alignment. For my next steps, I have three solid options. Before, I didn’t even know I had options. I know more about what I want now.Kyle, Infrastructure & Garden Learning Resident

Read more testimonials from our Learning Residents


Learn More about Karma Yoga: